Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Begining

With the destruction of my order, I have decided to seek aide in my quest from the rest of the world. I cannot remain in seclusion and must expand to rebuild the order. While I do not have the skills of my elders, I have completed the trials and am fully versed in our techniques for protecting this world.

I have been in the local town of [____] for some time now investigating what I can of demonic threats. The first thing that I am made aware of is that not only is my order forgotten, but the entire war we fought as well. The devils have done an amazing job at destroying the histories, and our seclusion was clearly not the right choice. We thought it would protect us from infiltration, but it appears we have become antiquated and forgotten.

In town, work as a demon hunter has been difficult to come by. Most people either don't see the demonic presence, or don't want to hear about it. I have mostly been taking work clearing the dog like Dire Rats from sewers and rescuing farmers daughters from marauding goblin hordes. These things are never obviously or directly related to the evil outsiders, but I can sense their influence behind the curtains.

One thing of hope in this time, for my quest, is the discovery of a man on a similar quest. A warlock by the name of Rex has enlisted my aid in tracking down the demon that killed his mother. He has heard rumor and whispers of the demon having made its way to Asiana and aims to track it down. I offered my services, and we have arraigned to travel by boat to the port city of Lao-Zun. Once we arrive, we plan to hire on some added muscle. The demons have a habit of flooding their lairs with cultists, and magical beasts. A few strong warriors is never a bad thing in those circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment